Tuesday, September 22, 2009

SJ McArdle - Chin Up - out now on I-Tunes and other digital stores

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=sj+mcardle&init=quick#/sjmcardlemusic?ref=search&sid=529611215.1961134906..1

http://www.myspace.com/sjmcardle

Those of you who - like myself - like to read the sleevenotes of CDs to see who's on them will have noticed the rather consistent appearance of SJ McArdle on the Asylum Harbour CD of mine which came out last year. I met him in 2001 at a collaborative songwriting workshop. We wrote the first song on Asylum Harbour - Precious Days Indeed - at that workshop and we became good friends. I also met Roesy the same week. It was a good week.

Since then, I've appeared on two of SJ's CDs and we've sat down on numerous occasions and written together. Many of those songs joined the first song to form Asylum Harbour and others will be on the next CD which is due out next year. I've also been playing keys in various SJ McArdle gigs over the last four months and it looks like that will continue too, something I'm greatly enjoying.

Which is all in all a very long way of telling you that SJ is starting into a promotional campaign for a very long-awaited new CD which he's recorded in Nashville with producer Tim Lauer. it is not a country record but the sleeve-watchers I mentioned at the top will be impressed by the fact that it features Bryan Sutton, Dan Dugmore, Richard Bennett and Rodney Crowell on the various tracks. For work reasons, I've heard it and it's great.The first signs of the new work are audible in the super first single - Chin Up - which is available on 7Digital and I-Tunes as well as various other digital stores. The EP also features a cover of Richard Thompson's "I Misunderstood" which is great.

You can hear Chin Up as well as various other SJ tracks by going to either of the two links at the top of this update.

All the best,josh

No comments:

Post a Comment